A couple of days ago, husBenKoh invited some friends over for dinner. Other than the one dish he requested for (beef stew), I decided to try something new too.
I usually grill an entire chicken but I have a preference for chicken thigh, so I decided to try and do my own recipe. The “experiment” was a success and the dish was well-received, and I had some friends ask me for the recipe, so I’m going to share it here.
8 chicken thighs
2 sweet potatoes (can also use carrots)
Preheat oven at 170degC
1. Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly and cut into 1inch thick pieces. Same for corn.
2. Line sweet potato and corn in casserole. Drizzle with olive oil and some kosher salt. Mix veggies well.
3. Arrange veggie and fill up the bottom of the casserole.
4. Wash chicken thigh and place on top of veggie, covering all the veggie.
5. Drizzle some olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper and dried oregano on each piece of thigh and smear the seasoning on the thighs.
6. Cook in oven at 170degC for 1.5 hours or until cooked.
7. Serve hot.
The vegetables under the chicken thigh soak up all the meat juices during cooking, so the meat juice does not go waste and the vegetables taste delicious.