Phoebie was home all day again today and I was trying to think of what to do with her. We watched shows on the iPad together during the day and I knew that was her “tech quota” for today.
I decided to let her make puppets with us.
While Phoebie was having dinner, I pre-cut some shapes so that she didn’t have to wait long to paste the puppet together. We didn’t have glue at home, so we used scotch tape and double-sided tape. They proved to be a lot less messy than using glue.
Next, we make a paper bag using the following steps:
1. Fold about 1/3 of the papers down.
2. Open the folded 1/3 and fold in one side.
3. Fold in the other side.
4. Fold in the bottom of the 1/3.
5. Fold in the top of the 1/3.
6. Tape everything together. The 1/3 should now look like the base of a paper bag.
Now that the base is done, we:
1. Fold in one side of the entire puppet and bend the fold in both ways.
2. Do the same to the other side. This is to get the fold lines.
3. Push the fold lines on both sides in. The puppet should now look like a paper bag.
If the instructions sound confusing, hopefully this video helps.
What I liked about making the body of the puppets from scratch was how we could mix different colours of paper and make our puppets look more interesting.
This is actually my first time making a puppet with Phoebie, so I hope the instructions are not too confusing. ;P